Theological Education Committee:
That the Conference establish a Theological Education Committee, consisting of five
members (with two alternates), to assist the Conference in facilitating and promoting cooperation among the Member Churches in the theological education of their ministers, with a mandate to:
- Arrange for a consultation among representatives of the ICRC Member Churches for the purposes of exchanging information on current and planned programs of theological education for their ministers, discussing issues of mutual concern, and exploring ways for possible bi- or multi-lateral cooperation in theological education among the Member Churches.
- Gather information regarding and distribute a booklet summarizing (by both Member Church and nation) the institutions of theological education that are operated (or approved) by the ICRC Member Churches for distribution to the ICRC Member Churches through the ICRC website and presentation to the next meeting of the Conference.
- Help provide and facilitate arrangements for papers on theological education topic of mutual interest to be used during the Regional Conferences and/or the ICRC itself.
- Gather and study the relevant documents from the Member Churches regarding their policies for the preparation of men for the gospel ministry, including their operation (or approval) of seminaries and other programs of theological education, and to report on its study of these documents, as appropriate.
- Develop a list of qualified men (names, areas of special competence, and contact information) who are willing and might be able to serve as short-term theological instructors.
- Send a report to the Corresponding Secretary at least six months before the next ICRC.
- Propose a budget for the following four years to the next ICRC.
The Rev. Dr. Douw Breed, South Africa
The Rev. Dr. Melle Oosterhuis, The Netherlands
The Rev. Hiralal Solanki, India
The Rev. Pieter VanderMeyden, Canada
Dr. Hae Moo Yoo, Korea